Mrutyunjaya MohantyStrategic Financial Consultant
Areas of Expertise
- Business Strategy
- Financial turnaround
- Debt syndication
- Risk management: hedging
- Driving business performances
- ERP management
- Due diligence & valuation
- M&A activities
- Management audit & assurance
- Organizational design
Mrutyunjaya Mohanty is the Strategic Financial Consultant at Opsten
Mrutyunjaya is a seasoned finance and management consulting professional with over 25 years of industry experience across geographies ranging across India, South East Asia, East Africa and Middle East. He specializes in turning around companies.
Mrutyunjaya has worked for diverse industrial sectors ranging from pharmaceuticals, iron & steel, engineering, non-ferrous metals, oil & gas to ferro alloys.
He has been in the helm of affairs in managing business for some of the reputed organizations such as;
- Gerdau Steel India Ltd – CFO
- Essar Steel India Ltd (SBU) – CFO
- Balasore Alloys Ltd – Director Finance & CFO
- Bahrain Aluminum Extrusion – Financial Controller
Mrutyunjaya has been a high achiever in industry. He has brought lot of success and achievements from an early stage of his career. He was HOD-Finance at 33 years’ age, while working with Kalyani Steels Ltd in setting up a joint venture green field project. He has also risen to acting CEO role at 42 year’s age, while working with Bahrain Aluminum Extrusion Co.
Mrutyunjaya has deep experience in driving transformative change for ambitious mid-sized and small CAP organizations. He is an expert in turning around financial & business performance of the company.
He has worked on issues including development of business strategy, driving business performances, debt restructuring, risk management, operational excellence, sales force effectiveness and organizational design.
Mrutyunjaya is very passionate about using technology to leapfrog development and large scale uses in the corporate sectors. He is a certified Solution Consultant – Financial in mySAP ERP from SAP, Germany
Mrutyunjaya has publications in leading newspapers & journals in the areas of interest ranging from human resources, finance to risk management.
- Alumni of the Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
- CPA (Certified Practising Accountant),CPA, Australia
- CMA (Certified Management Accountant),Institute of Management Accountants, USA
- CA (Chartered Accountant), The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, New Delhi
- CMA (Cost & Management Accountant), The Institute of Cost Accountants of India, Kolkata
Honors & Awards
- Rank in the Final Examination of the Institute of Cost Accountants of India
- Topper as virtual CEO in the Capstone Business Simulation-Balance Score Card Program by IIM-Bangalore
- Best Employee, Best Performer recognition from many past Employers
Interesting facts about Mrutyunjaya
“Mrutyunjaya is a rank holder in the final examination of the The Institute of Cost Accountants of India”