Cloud Infrastructure Review Let’s us assess your cloud infrastructure & give you our expert recommendations to improve performance.
Initial Call to Gather Info
Everything starts with a call. For a proper infra review, we need to know few basic details like:
- Number of instances or virtual machines that you run
- Number of services that are run for your product
- Cloud components and services that you use to run your application like EC2, RDS, S3 and so on.
- Number of people having access in any way to these components and services.
We may not need exact numbers at this point. This information helps us in planning the number of days required to perform the review and to fix the pricing. Typically, for up to 100 instances with 12 member engineering team, the review is performed over four to five days.Get Started
Once we have the required data, we schedule a meeting time. This can be done over a video call or in-person depending up on location and availability. We may have to schedule multiple meetings with personnel performing various roles. In general, we interview the following people:
- Head of Technology or equivalent.
- Head of Quality Engineering or equivalent.
- Personnel responsible for deployments.
- Personnel responding to outages and issues.
The list above may vary depending upon organization structure.Get Started
Access to Cloud Dashboards
We need to look at the dashboard of your cloud provider. For this, we will request read-only access to your dashboard. We also look at certain parameters from inside the servers. For this, we will need unprivileged access to some of your servers.
Alternatively, this can be done using a screen sharing session but we have found that the read-only/unprivileged access usually works better.
Once we talk to all the required personnel and go through the infrastructure, we will prepare a report. We will send the report along with the suggestions to fix the encountered issues, including recommended tools and services to achieve the goals.Get Started